Executive Director, Strategic Account Delivery
“Experience is key when it comes to laying out a strategy for business and solution transformation. Pulling from our depth and breadth of professional leadership and technology experience can greatly assist companies to drive the technology and business transformation outcomes successfully and reach objectives in a timely manner.”Brian O'Conner
Brian is an Information Technology executive with more than 30 years of diverse experience delivering business value through management of large-scale global Managed Services Operations and Transformation Programs in the telecom market. He is results oriented with demonstrated experience and flexibility in leading global teams across all phases of delivery, transformation, and operations lifecycle for multiple global clients.
Over his career, Brian has a proven track record in management of quality, meeting service-level agreements, developing personnel, and delivering complex transformation programs. He has the ability to develop key customer executive relationships by delivering against key objectives and communicating effectively through governance processes.
Brian possesses global organization management experience as well as build-out of off-shore organizations focused on process optimization, data migration strategies and software delivery. Systems integration experience including maximizing outcomes and value to clients while ensuring profitability are also part of Brian’s skillset. He has a passion for continuous improvement through quality assurance and process improvement initiatives are also key focus areas to strengthen customer satisfaction.
Prior to joining ATG, Brian’s accomplishments at CBIS / Convergys / Netcracker from 1985 to 2017 are impressive:
- Served as Vice President Global Managed Services responsible for all aspects of hosted and remote Managed Services operations and solution development for global clients. Responsible for over 400 Managed Services and Development professionals in four North American locations, Sao Paulo, Brazil and Hyderabad, India.
- Led all aspects of data center migration activities from Convergys to Netcracker after Convergys Information Management was acquired by Netcracker in May, 2012. The data center migration project spanned 3 years with multiple phases and movement of 300+ servers and over 900 TB of data. All data center migrations activities created zero issues for clients and was considered highly successful as well as generating savings of $5M annually.
- Built strong client relationships with CIOs and VPs of Technology for clients being supported within Global Managed Services and Solution Platform responsibilities. Interact monthly and in quarterly business reviews through governance process to review operations/metrics, review and plan for efficiency improvements, solution roadmaps, and seek opportunities to grow the business.
- Delivered multiple business transformation projects for global clients for BSS platforms, Web Self Care projects, and legacy application solution modernization.
- Led the technical and managed services sales effort for the closing of a 6-year Hosted Managed Services opportunity for Cincinnati Bell for $102M in December 2013 and 6 year Remote Managed Services opportunity with Virgin Media for $42M in December 2016.
- Provided Managed Services Operations for multiple telecom and cable clients including at&t, Brighthouse Networks, Cincinnati Bell Telephone, Cox Communications, Suddenlink, T-Mobile, Viasat, VIVO, and WOW!, delivering against Service Level Achievements and Key Performance Indicators successfully with a global 24 x 7 support and development team structure.
- Led the development of the Hyderabad, India center for offshore operations and development capability from ground up to 180 resources in 18 months. Drove operational efficiencies and profitability within team structures.
- Served as Senior Director of Wireless Solutions Group responsible for Cincinnati Bell Telephone, Ameritech Cellular, Alltel, and GTE development and production operations. Responsible for $100M DP revenue budget, processing 10M Telecom monthly subscribers, as well as delivery of $30M Professional and Consulting enhancements annually with global 24 x 7 support and development team structure.
“Acting on change to improve organization results, business operations, and company outcomes is difficult. Combining business transformation initiatives with technology solution improvements creates a strategic advantage for companies willing to take this path. Teamwork, leadership, discipline, and governance are key attributes for transformation projects to be successful.
Experience is key when it comes to laying out a strategy for business and solution transformation. Pulling from our depth and breadth of professional leadership and technology experience can greatly assist companies to drive the technology and business transformation outcomes successfully and reach objectives in a timely manner.”