“My primary goal is to be a vendor-neutral but vendor-connected, client advocate. My desire is to help organizations learn how to implement and utilize software systems and technologies to enhance their success. When companies understand how these tools affect their people and processes, the technology can make a huge impact on all aspects of the business.”Jim Steele
Jim Steele is Principal Consultant at ATG and has responsibility to lead the engineering, architecture, design, and implementation of Billing and Quote to Cash projects.
He is a dedicated, results-focused, and highly skilled technology professional who uses his knowledge, skills, and experience to enhance an organization’s success. Jim has over 25 years of experience in various aspects of billing and operational support systems as well as software design and implementation in the enterprise business and telecommunications industries incorporating all aspects of business application lifecycles, including solution engineering, architecture, project management, analysis, design, testing, training, and strategic systems planning of complex software solutions.
Jim’s emphasis is on billing, customer care, and usage processing systems including strategy, engineering, architecture, implementation, billing operations, and vendor analysis.
Jim is a graduate of Montana State University and lives with his wife in the Tampa Bay Area of Florida.
- Provided joint leadership of a telecom software organization, in charge of sales and marketing activities. Committed leader that made a company profitable for the first time.
- Guided new product and services direction to meet the needs of the industry. Expanded our professional services offering by including consulting and specialized features to a flagship billing product.
- Managed RFPs, contracts and negotiations of pricing and terms. Responsible for customer interaction and satisfaction as well as partner relationships.
- Introduced and facilitated a new hosted professional services offering using a specialized software product.
- Principal architect and designer of a telecommunications billing product. Communicated with customers, users, and management to analyze and create of business requirements, software requirements and architectural designs for enhancements to billing and OSS systems.
- Experienced software architect / practitioner with hands-on leadership experience in all aspects of software development lifecycle, from inception and initial design activities all the way through to system maintenance, integration, and solution replacement.
“As we see more and more companies develop long-term, intricate relationships with their customers, they need to understand the complexities of the lead, opportunity, quote, order, provision, bill, collect ecosystem. It is our job at ATG to provide the expertise to help them navigate the changes that need to take place to provide the best possible customer experience.”