Director of Delivery Management
“Being able to work on projects and recognize tangible benefit within an organization is what it’s all about. I believe in the power of transformation, to improve the overall business through the application of focused change in process, enabled by tools, and used by people. When those elements come together successfully, anything is possible.”Joel Sisk
Joel has over 22 years of experience in high-tech fields with progressive growth of responsibility. He is currently a recognized leader in ATG around Agile methodologies, Program Management, and Account Delivery excellence.
He brings significant experience and expertise with process and continuous improvement. This foundation provides an in-depth view of the processes necessary to make an organization operate effectively, ensuring that the appropriate actions are understood, and that any effort to execute can be predicted and planned for appropriately. His exposure to numerous techniques and heterogeneous technologies provides a unique perspective to communicating effectively with people of differing skills and backgrounds. Additionally, his deep experience across many different disciplines, along with solid negotiation skills, and ability to complete complex analyses, allows him to perceive opportunities for collaboration and find avenues to resolve conflict that others may miss.
Joel’s professional career began performing research and development on space-flight hardware, extended into systems engineering on ground-station hardware, and transitioned into the software realm. He maintained a very strong process focus throughout his professional journey, with an emphasis shifting from more technical processes such as Object Oriented Analysis & Design, through software delivery lifecycle (SDLC), into project delivery, and culminating into overall Business Process Management (BPM). His professional credentials have evolved from Engineer in Training (EIT) to ISO 9000 auditor to Capability Maturity Model (CMMI) appraiser, and from Rational Certified Analyst to Certified Scrum Master (CSM) and now Certified Business Process Management Professional (CBPMP).
Having traversed the systems engineering, business analysis, and project management disciplines, Joel has worked across a vast array of technologies and platforms. His current areas of focus within the ATG Monetization Ecosystem™ are in the CRM, CPQ, and Billing domains.
- Extensive explanation, promotion, and training of SDLC and industry best practices to technical, management, and executive clients
- Creation of numerous process organizations (PMOs, COEs, etc.) across many different levels of complexity and coverage, Organizational Change Management, and Competency Development
- Scores of projects managed successfully /li>
- Considerable time interfacing with C-level direction setters and senior management funding authorities from pre-sales through post-delivery
- Understanding of interrelationships between sales cycles, engagement management, and service delivery
- Strong people management (individuals and teams), conflict resolution, and bridge building skills
- Some Specific Project highlights include:
- Building out a full-scale Agile process pattern within a CMMI Level 3 organization and rolling out to 3500+ IT staff
- Creating, implementing, managing, and training a new delivery framework to 800+ consultants and sales staff, reducing implementation timelines by 40%
- Streamlining the requirements documentation and approval process at a government agency, minimizing the overhead burden of change requests and reducing approval cycle time by ~75%
- Training and Mentoring a total of over 500 executives and professionals in Industry Best Practices around: Process, Methodology (RUP, Agile), Use Case driven OOA&D, UML, JAD, RAD, and/or ALM tools
- Rolling out a new SDLC to an entire IT Division (1500+ employees, 40+ projects)
I started out as a 1099 with ATG, performing CMMI process improvement at a major telco. I quickly noticed the fact that ATG employs extremely talented resources and wanted to be more involved. While my journey to join the organization took a few twists and turns, it was a clear that the growth potential in ATG’s focus on the Monetization Ecosystem was a place I wanted to join.