Director, QAP Practice Manager
“Achieving customer satisfaction by exceeding client expectations is my passion. I stand for a never ending commitment to excellence.”Larry Davis
Larry is a Director in ATG’s Quality Assurance and Performance (QAP) Practice where he is responsible for Manual Testing Practice Leadership & Delivery Excellence. He has over 30 years of experience in the telecommunications industry including over 13 years working professional consulting services.
With professional experience in the areas of Business Operations & IT, Larry has held various roles in Project Management, Development, Business & Systems Analysis, and Quality Assurance with additional experience in BSS/OSS conversions. Larry resides in Dallas, TX where he a member of the American Legion and the Patriot Guard. Specialties include Quality Assurance Leadership in the areas of QA Strategy, Manual, and Agile Testing.
- Contributed to several major billing system conversion programs for telecommunications mergers, all were successful.
- Led the QA program for a PeopleSoft conversion and upgraded. Included managing test plans, test case development, and test execution for System Test, Integration Test, and a UAT Test across many business units for a major telecom company.
- Manage the requirements gathering, development, testing, and implementation of an online web based paperless invoicing system for several international and domestic commercial air carriers and suppliers.
- Led key negotiations between client and software vendor testing groups to implement important quality control processes resulting in significant client savings.
- Managed many teams (large and small) of senior business analysts and senior testers who, through business scenarios, validated provisioning and billing systems for several telecoms.
- Responsible for all testing, configuration control, technical support, and planning for large customer care/billing (Wireless and Long Distance), Fraud, and POS client/server applications. Included managing a team of over one hundred testers, planners, and project administrators for several applications.
- Served in the USAF, Aircraft Control and Warning Radar Repairman.
“Quality is a customer determination, not an engineer’s determination, not a marketing determination, nor a general management determination. It is based on upon the customer’s actual experience with the product or service, measured against his or her requirements — stated or unstated, conscious or merely sensed, technically operational or entirely subjective — and always representing a moving target in a competitive market.”