Advanced Approvals & Product Configuration Key Salesforce CPQ Implementation
The client provides infrastructure platforms, including networking technologies of switching, routing, wireless, and data center products that are designed to work together to deliver networking capabilities, and transport and/or store data.
Services: Networking Hardware & Software
- The client needed a quoting solution to support their new go-to-market strategy and selling model offering. This model was a big shift towards a holistic services offering for their customers in a subscription-based pricing model.
- The client also wanted a solution that required limited customization, primarily leveraged configuration-based functionality, and which could quickly be implemented and support an aggressive go live date communicated to the market
- The subscription pricing calculation was a very complex cost-plus margin pricing model with a multitude of inputs and required a robust and flexible CPQ solution with an optimal solution design capable of realizing their vision for the new pricing model and sales process.
- A high degree of pricing inputs from various objects had to be integrated into the pricing sequence and applied in a proper order to ensure accurate pricing and protection of margins
- Due to the cost to maintain and enhance the existing custom legacy quoting application, the client wanted an alternative CPQ solution that supported their use case in a more OOTB and best practice manner.
ATG SOLUTIONS & TOOLS
- Implementation Services: Salesforce CPQ was selected as the CPQ solution of choice based on its robust functionality, high degree of configurability, extensibility, implementation timeline and cost, and overall alignment to their Salesforce application strategy
- Implementation Services: An optimized cost-plus margin pricing model was implemented using primarily out of the box configuration-based functionality including a combination of configured objects and fields, lookup queries, price rules, and advanced syntax logic
- Implementation Services: Advanced approvals was implemented to optimize the existing approvals' notification and processing requirements.
- Implementation Services: A very robust and optimized guided selling process put in place to simplify and automate product filtering and selection
- Implementation Services: A more robust quote document generation solution was put in place to satisfy their complex quote document requirements and to provide polished customer facing documents
RESULTS & IMPACTS
- Successful go live for the initial release in a 3-month timeline
- Successful global deployment of Salesforce CPQ for BCS offering across North America, EMEA, and APAC markets
- Streamlined Lead to Order process on a single platform providing a 360-degree view of the customer
- Increase in selling velocity and scale due to the realized simplification of the offering selling processes and go to market strategy
- Improved customer experience due to a faster and less complex sales cycle and process
- Mass reduction in SKUs as a result of SKU optimization reducing maintenance and overhead for enhancement
- A scalable solution and architecture that support additional complexity and use cases in future releases
- A solution design and architecture that will enable future phase implementation of additional client products and services and reduced dependency on the legacy quoting application