AlienVault’s CPQ Implementation Adds Value, Visibility
AlienVault, is a developer of commercial and open source solutions to manage cyber attacks, including the Open Threat Exchange, the world's largest crowd-sourced computer-security platform.
Services: Cyber Security
Headquarters: San Mateo, CA
- Product selection and accuracy of configuration/pricing was becoming increasingly difficult for the Salesforce native quoting tool to handle.
- Creation of customer entitlement records was a highly manual process, and visibility of these customer entitlements was low.
- Amendments and renewals were also a highly manual process and difficult for AlienVault sales reps to manage.
ATG SOLUTIONS & TOOLS
- Implementation Services: ATG created a framework of validation product rules and option constraints to enforce business selling rules and provide more guidance to sales reps throughout the selling process.
- Implementation Services: The CPQ entitlement framework was implemented using Contracts, Subscriptions, and Assets in accordance with CPQ best practices.
- Implementation Services: The CPQ amendment and renewal framework was implemented in accordance with CPQ best practices. Additional automation was developed to ensure that AlienVault sales reps could quickly close these opportunities without a lot of manual adjustments.
RESULTS & IMPACTS
- The validation and selection framework developed by ATG increased configuration and pricing accuracy while streamlining the quoting process for AlienVault sales reps.
- Visibility into customer entitlements increased, especially for amendment and renewal processes, and sales reps were able to easily gain a complete picture of a client with minimal navigation.
- By leveraging the out-of-the-box framework for amendments and renewals, AlienVault was able to avoid many manual steps that had previously surrounded these scenarios to decrease processing time for these quotes.
"Our engagement with ATG was both professional and agile. Throughout the process, they always kept our best interests in mind to build a solution that our users would easily adapt to. We enjoyed working with ATG because of their focus on client success and commitment to high-quality solutions."
AVP, Business Technology