ATG Understanding of CPQ Improves Processes, Reduces Operating Expenses
Client was undergoing a significant business transformation with a push to the cloud and focus on XaaS digital offerings, fundamentally changing the way their products and services are monetized/sold around the world.
Industry: Information Technology
Services: Hardware, Software, Middleware, Hosting
- A large amount of money was spent on Quote to Cash (Q2C) operations. Thousands of Q2C applications needed to be rationalized and consolidated. The client lacked Q2C best practice expertise internally regarding People, Process, Technology, and Data.
- It became a challenge to develop at-scale and drive to a standard Q2C reference model and unified architecture. The scope of the client’s deployment included Apttus AIC on Salesforce, and Apttus AIC on stand-alone industry clouds.
ATG SOLUTIONS & TOOLS
- Advisory Services: Infused ATG IP, tools, industry experience, and subject matter experts to accelerate the client’s Quote to Cash Transformation journey.
- Advisory Services: Focused on Q2C architecture, within multiple CRM orgs, order management, professional services automation, product catalogs, and billing strategies.
- Advisory Services: Worked with the client to define revised governance model for global Q2C Transformation that included new roles, playbooks, training, etc.
- Implementation Services: Assisted the client with advancing Continuous Delivery capability for large-scale/global development of Q2C SaaS-based platforms.
- Implementation Services: Deployed a team of data migration experts to accelerate the velocity of offer migration onto future-state Q2C platforms.
RESULTS & IMPACTS
- Improved the pace of onboarding new XaaS offerings onto Salesforce/Apttus Q2C platform.
- Created the ability to leverage future-state Q2C enterprise/composable architecture to enable next-gen Apttus AIC solutions on stand-alone industry clouds.
- Accelerated the pace of onboarding new business units by leveraging Q2C ‘Reference Model/Architecture.’
- Improved Q2C domain expertise and job satisfaction for global Q2C Transformation organization.
- Significantly reduced Q2C-related operating expenses and accelerated the pace of retiring legacy Q2C systems.