Client Engages ATG for Salesforce CPQ & Billing Implementation
Client's highly customized CPQ & Billing application was in a non-functioning state due to a host of SOQL errors and other exceptions.
Services: Back Office Management Services
- The majority of the client’s CPQ and Billing customizations were linked to sequential automation of quote, order creation, amendment and renewals. The use cases pushed the bounds of what Salesforce Q2C was capable of producing.
- The client needed a team with deep experience in implementing the Salesforce CPQ and Billing solution with best practices. They also needed to work with a team that would challenge ‘hard’ requirements and provide technical alternatives and expertise.
- The client required the logic and automation to be reevaluated to meet the business requirements.
- The client ultimately needed help completing the design for the platform and identifying defects that they needed fixed. This included documentation of the design and rules for engagement regarding triggers, workflows and process builders.
- The client attempted to build the solution in the current state process. The current state and new state process did not align, which would require a large amount of customization.
ATG SOLUTIONS & TOOLS
- Implementation Services: ATG’s Expert Services team created an implementation plan to restart the initiative. This plan addressed the performance blockers, reduced the defect backlog and completed the design and build of critical automations in renewals, amendments and order management followed soon thereafter.
- Implementation Services: The ATG Delivery team was organized to include Enterprise Architecture, SF Solution Architect, Implementation Consultants and APEX development roles.
- Managed Services: The client engaged the ATG Expert Services team following a Salesforce CPQ/Billing Health Check to assist their implementation team with a course correct of the client’s recent implementation.
RESULTS & IMPACTS
- Created automation around amendments, renewals and order management.
- Pointed out flaws in solutions that needed to be altered to leverage the platform in the best way possible for the client.
- The client conceded some requirements in order to achieve the go-live date, yet still had a successful implementation.