ATG Case Study:
Apttus CPQ Implementation Streamlines Client & Employee Experience
Summary of Business Challenge:
- As part of a larger Quote to Cash transformation project, the client needed to improve their company’s quoting and contract technology and processes to provide a more streamlined, consistent experience for both their customers and their employees.
- The client had no global IT structure, multiple billing solutions, and disparate product catalog structures.
- In addition, quote approval processes were often lengthy and frustrating, and renewals unusually time-consuming.
ATG Solutions & Tools:
- Advisory Services: Engaged with key stakeholders to identify pain points in the enterprise Quote to Cash system across multiple countries and IT architectures.
- Advisory Services: Created global target architecture and collaborated with the client to identify needed new technologies, including Apttus on the Salesforce platform as a recommended CPQ solution.
- Implementation Services: Consolidated enterprise to a single Salesforce instance, collaborating with Salesforce to optimize process improvements.
- Implementation Services: Retired all existing quote and contract systems and implemented Apttus CPQ, CLM, and Revenue Management.
Results & Impacts:
- Overall Quote to Cash process has been optimized, leading to reductions in overall sales cycle time and the cost to turn up and service customers.
- Apttus’ fully integrated, global CPQ and CLM solution improved customer satisfaction and reduced revenue leakage through increased service accuracy.
- The implementation also increased visibility into the ordering process, improving the customer experience and reducing canceled orders.
- Customer and revenue reporting accuracy improved.
- Operational expenses were reduced.
- Better revenue management was enabled, allowing customer-margin calculations to simplify up-selling.