Quote to Cash Reimagined
ATG Case Study:
Black Diamond Group, ATG Expert Services Fine Tune CPQ Implementation
Summary of Business Challenge:
- Original price rules configuration from the Salesforce CPQ standard implementation wasn’t meeting business needs as additional price types were needed.
- Additional functionality to the Contract object was required to align to the type of quotes and contracts typical of Black Diamond Group’s industry.
- Appearance and configuration of product availability needed to be driven by a complex set of business rules.
ATG Solutions & Tools:
Over the course of several engagements, ATG:
- Production Success Team: Customized a basic implementation into a solution that met specific technical product challenges as well as delivered CPQ design and best practices.
- Production Success Team: Provided ad-hoc technical assistance during product and pricing configuration as well as insight into moving quote object data to the contract object.
- Production Success Team: Provided user training and best practices to maximize client efficiencies.
Results & Impacts:
- Optimized product catalog and associated functionality to allow for conditional appear based on region, quote type and other business rules. This allowed Black Diamond Group’s sales group to more efficiently produce quotes that met the client’s availability standards.
- Added additional price rules and relevant notifications that permits Black Diamond Group to create pricing plans based on criteria that more closely matches their business model.
- Increased visibility into the various contract objects and related functionality to increase the breadth of usability and efficiency in the quote to contract phase.
- A comprehensive training and best practices plan accelerated the client’s time to proficiency across many of their primary organizations.