Quote to Cash Reimagined
ATG Case Study:
AlienVault’s Salesforce CPQ Implementation Adds Value, Visibility
Summary of Business Challenge:
- Product selection and accuracy of configuration/pricing was becoming increasingly difficult for the Salesforce native quoting tool to handle.
- Creation of customer entitlement records was a highly manual process, and visibility of these customer entitlements was low.
- Amendments and renewals were also a highly manual process and difficult for AlienVault sales reps to manage.
ATG Solutions & Tools:
- Implementation Services: ATG created a framework of validation product rules and option constraints to enforce business selling rules and provide more guidance to sales reps throughout the selling process.
- Implementation Services: The CPQ entitlement framework was implemented using Contracts, Subscriptions, and Assets in accordance with CPQ best practices.
- Managed Services: The CPQ amendment and renewal framework was implemented in accordance with CPQ best practices. Additional automation was developed to ensure that AlienVault sales reps could quickly close these opportunities without a lot of manual adjustments.
Results & Impacts:
- The validation and selection framework developed by ATG increased configuration and pricing accuracy while streamlining the quoting process for AlienVault sales reps.
- Visibility into customer entitlements increased, especially for amendment and renewal processes, and sales reps were able to easily gain a complete picture of a client with minimal navigation.
- By leveraging the out-of-the-box framework for amendments and renewals, AlienVault was able to avoid many manual steps that had previously surrounded these scenarios to decrease processing time for these quotes.