Quote to Cash Reimagined
ATG Case Study:
CenturyTel Embarks on a Journey
Summary of Business Challenge:
- The merger of CenturyTel and Embarq required a rapid increase in testing capacity and process improvement to manage increased work volume and decreased timelines across a three-year, five- market data migration and conversion program.
- Assemble a team of testing, process, and automation specialists to design, train, and implement a QAP team to support enterprise data migration and conversion.
- Automate 80% or more of the manual test cases used for the conversion.
- Optimize QA efficiency and effectiveness to:
- Reduce cycle-time by 30%
- Simulate “a day in the life” of production during peak hours (how integrated applications perform under expected volume increases due to conversion.
- Leverage a near-premise solution center model to handle multiple QA programs.
ATG Solutions & Tools:
- Manual regression testing.
- Automated regression testing using HP Quick Test Pro (QTP),
SQL, and VB scripting.
- Performance testing using HP LoadRunner and C.
- Testing management and metrics reporting through the use of HP
Results & Impacts:
- Reduced test execution costs by as much as 50% (more than $2 million annually in 2012).
- Automated more than 90% of the regression suite (over 25,000 test cases).
- Reduced test execution for regression by more than 80%.
- Achieved a zero-defect rate in production for performance relate issues