ATG Case Study:
InterCall Called: “Help us build UMS”
Summary of Business Challenge:
- InterCall maintained a highly complex mediation platform (CAS) with questionable transaction accuracy and speculated revenue leakage.
- The CAS mediation platform in use was costly to maintain, had a latent mean-time-to-repair (MTR), and was very difficult to test, which resulted in a high count of production defects.
- Replace the present mediation platform – from inception to actualization for InterCall’s entire enterprise application suite.
- Comprehensively define, design, develop, test, and transition InterCall’s new mediation platform in 24 months.
- Efficiently support the complex and integrated quality assurance needs across a hybrid development method (Agile and Waterfall) while improving QA deflection rates.
- Define and establish an automated comparison program to compare mediation data and ensure revenue assurance.
ATG Solutions & Tools:
- QA Strategy & Planning using ATG best practices, methods, and tools.
- Automated Comparative testing using Pentaho’s Kettle.
- Testing management and metrics reporting through the use of HP Quality Center.
Results & Impacts:
- Designed and delivered a new mediation platform (UMS – Usage Management System).
- Introduced agile-based testing methods and trained InterCall resources on the approach.
- Designed, developed, and implemented automated comparisons and an automated regression suite.
- Reduced regression timelines over 90%, reducing 105-person hours per testing cycle.
- Created the ability to cycle through 1.5 million records in two days for data comparisons.
- Revenue assurance accuracy rates improved from 12% data discrepancies to less than 1%.