Product Catalog Rationalization, Data Migration Highlight CPQ Consolidation
The client provides an enterprise data cloud built on open-source technology accessible via a subscription fee.
Services: Enterprise Data Cloud
- The merger created two separate Salesforce Orgs and the company completed a Lift and Shift Org Merger without Best Practices considerations.
- One side of the merger had a CPQ instance that was highly customized, while the other side had an instance was configured out-of-the-box. The major hindrance was merging products which impacted CPQ product rules and accounts merger of the combined entities.
- The merger left the client with two different Discount and Approval processes.
ATG SOLUTIONS & TOOLS
- Business process redesign and merged company product catalog rationalization.
- Contracts & Subscriptions – Change of process for the client's contracts to make use of the CPQ Contract & Subscription objects.
- Design a Sales Playbook that translates their existing Contract/Subscription events into the terminology that Salesforce uses.
- Orders – enablement of the Orders object in Salesforce, and update of the client's business processes to make use of the new Objects.
RESULTS & IMPACTS
- Product Catalog rationalization resulted in a transformation from flat SKU’s to contracts and subscriptions resulting in decreased quote time and inaccuracies.
- Merger of sales process and methodology resulting in common sales motion.
- Reconfiguration of most of the products to take advantage of contracts and subscriptions.
- Implemented out-of-the-box renewal process which resulted in the elimination of the manual process by the renewal team.