Salesforce B2B Commerce Implementation Consolidates Revenue Channels
The client is a reseller of a large inventory (over 250K unique SKUs) of electronics and media equipment to government, corporate and educational institutions.
Services: Electronics & Media
- The client wanted to update an online revenue channel for public and commercial sales that matched the capabilities and user experience of their B2C channel.
- The client also wanted to work in Agile mode, implementing and integrating with enterprise apps and 3rd party suppliers while ensuring that all branding guidelines map to current online presence.
ATG COGNIZANT APPROACH
- Provide Commerce team with Salesforce B2B expertise Implement commerce solution in Agile, aligning to project timelines
- Designed and built pricing tables for each customer segment
- Use Community and Commerce Clouds, and integration with AS400 and 3rd-party middleware
- Developed accelerators as needed to extend the application
- Worked in collaboration with Salesforce Product Engineering to accommodate the complex pricing structure
ATG SOLUTIONS & TOOLS
- Implementation Services: Developed on Cloud with integrations to on-premise and external 3rd parties
- Implementation Services: Integrated Commerce with AS400 using 3rd party integration tool
- Implementation Services: Provided a new customer experience similar to the B2C website
RESULTS & IMPACTS
- Provided the ability to drive increased revenue through a modernized B2B channel
- Replaced poorly performing legacy B2B site with fresher, more relevant features
- Freed up CSR resources through saving the Shopping Cart and “Get a Quote" option
- Achieved the enterprise goal of consolidating channels on the Salesforce platform