Something remarkable happened today.
Salesforce has officially launched Salesforce Billing, a natural, elegant, and robust addition to their market-leading Salesforce CRM and CPQ offerings.
For the first time in my 30-year career working in Quote to Cash, a single cloud provider has an offering that streamlines the selling process, from lead nurturing to opportunity maturation, to quoting, ordering, invoicing, and collection. And, all of this is built on a trusted, scalable, and extensible platform that is unparalleled in managing customer interactions via all channels and devices.
Below is a representative sample of an archetypal omni-channel selling and customer engagement flow. Typically, our clients are looking to optimize their selling processes, launch new monetization strategies (such as subscription, consumption, and true-up), and are having trouble getting charges on the invoice. Traditionally, they have leveraged existing investments in CRM and ERP platforms and sprinkled several cloud ISVs in the middle to cobble together their lead to revenue process.
Salesforce CRM, CPQ, and now, Billing, provide a needed integration of many of these interactions and data objects onto a common platform, with a myriad of benefits. Salesforce Billing may not be the right fit for all of ATG’s Quote to Cash clients - and let’s be real, no billing software is the right fit for all enterprises - but client architectures that leverage Salesforce CPQ & Billing will exhibit the following characteristics:
- Fewer vendors required to manage their lead to cash processes
- Fewer product catalog instances to synchronize
- Fewer ‘heavy lift’ integrations, that chew up budget and time
- Tighter control of data input, validation, and approval processes
Clean, elegant architecture is nice, but the primary selling point for Salesforce CPQ and Billing are the business benefits derived from Quote to Cash on a single, secure omni-channel platform:
- Faster initial implementation from ‘kick-off to go-live’
- Faster introduction of new products, services, and monetization strategies, across all customer interaction points
- Reduced total cost of ownership for the Quote to Cash platform
- Increased business agility
- Faster Return on Investment (ROI)
With the experience gleaned from more than two dozen live and in-flight implementations of Salesforce Billing around the world, ATG will have more dialog and analysis as we get closer to Dreamforce. Until then, welcome to the Billing club, Salesforce!
Fewer Clouds = Bluer Skies!
Share this Post