Salesforce CPQ Implementation & Integrations Move Tech Company to Value-Based Selling Model
The client is an American producer of computer memory and computer data storage including dynamic random-access memory, flash memory, and USB flash drives.
Services: Semiconductors & Memory
The client needed to overcome revenue leakage due to its cost-based selling model. They employed multiple quoting processes and systems, causing sales inefficiencies, quoting inconsistencies, and a poor sales user experience. Their legacy systems included:
- Price Driver (Apttus and other custom-built solutions and integrations within SFDC)
- Direct Quote (Custom Quoting system built within SFDC)
These factors contributed heavily to a lack of rigor in how products were priced and sold to customers.
ATG SOLUTIONS & TOOLS
- Implementation Services: Using the ATG Atlas Framework™️, implemented Salesforce CPQ with Advanced Approvals and Advanced Approvals Enablement package.
- Implementation Services: Utilized Dell Boomi to build:
- Integration between Salesforce CPQ and SAP Order Management
- Integration between Salesforce CPQ and RPM (the client’s data science platform to feed pricing guidance to CPQ)
- Integration between Salesforce CPQ and Microsoft Azure
- Implementation Services: Also implemented the following:
- Quote Calculator Plugin (QCP)
- Custom Account Management tool for quote creation
- Custom Quote Helper tool for guided quoting and sales processes
- Microsoft Azure
RESULTS & IMPACTS
- Optimized Quote Management System - field sales creating and delivering approved quotes to direct customers from a single quote management system.
- Reduced Approval Cycle Time - each business unit can easily review, adjust, approve, and track quotes resulting in reduced approval cycle time.
- Streamlined Order Management System - orders are processed in reference to quote terms and conditions.
- Improved Business Performance Reporting - cross-organizational teams can drive and influence improved business performance due to a data-driven process.
- Transitioned the client from a cost-based selling model to a value-based selling model to improve sales and revenue.
- Implemented Salesforce CPQ as the single quoting tool to make the sale and quoting experience more consistent for sales users.
- Built a custom quote creation and guided selling tool to make the quote creation and delivery process more efficient and reduce the number of clicks for sales users.
- Integrated Salesforce CPQ with the client’s custom-pricing guidance tool to allow sales users to make data-driven pricing decisions.
- Integrated Salesforce CPQ with SAP order management to streamline the sharing of quoting data for order management purposes.
- Integrated Salesforce CPQ with Microsoft Azure to ensure only authenticated users were able to access sensitive pricing data.
- Implemented Salesforce Advanced Approvals and custom approval to enforce pricing guidance principals and reduce revenue leakage.